Founded in 2014, Lantian Development is a privately-held real estate investment and development company, based in Bethesda, Maryland. The company is focused on investing and developing all real estate asset classes within the Washington DC Metropolitan Area, specifically targeting larger opportunities that may present long-term value creation potential.
Lantian is seeking a Controller with strong professional experience and good academic background. The Controller will provide the necessary finance, strategy, accounting and administrative support to run the Company’s financial operations. The position will provide the Executive team, as well as internal and external partners with financial information integral to Lantian’s decision-making process.
- Manage Accounts Payable including bill processing and payments, set up wire transfers, validate and review expenses, reconcile corporate credit card and process payments as well as track use tax on purchases.
- Manage Accounts Receivable including generation of invoices and tracking of bank deposits for all accounts as well as collections.
- Manage and monitor cash position and reconciliation of bank accounts.
- Prepare single entity financial statements and consolidations as well as reporting packages for internal and external use.
- Support Payroll, HR and benefit functions including enrollment of new staff, timecard management, and vacation tracking. Maintain up to date payroll, processing of expense reports and other HR functions.
- Assist with company tax matters and coordinate with external accountants to prepare tax returns.
- Assist with corporate and project financial planning, prepare annual corporate and project budgets and monitor budget implementation.
- Prepare quarterly Company cash flow projections and perform financial analysis on the Company’s overall health and performance.
- Ensure compliance with any applicable accounting and tax principles.
- Manage foreign investment related issues and reporting requirements for overseas investors.
- Provide general support for management and other in-house projects. Be accountable for accounting-related project deliverables and communicate their status to Executive team and outside partners.
- Work closely with the Executive team and provide support on financial decisions and other initiatives including making recommendations and implementing Company strategy.
- Manage staff accountant team as well as nurture and support their growth.
- B.A. in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration. Master’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years of finance and/or accounting experience, preferably in real estate investment or development.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Team oriented and wanting to work in a small company environment.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, work short cycle times and flexible hours if required, and deliver results under pressure.
- Ability to work independently and maintain a high level of quality in work with a “can-do” attitude.
- Experience in foreign investments in the US.
- Authorization to work in the US.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience with QuickBooks, Sage or similar software.
- Proficient with MS Office incl. Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Results oriented, diligent, and with excellent analytical skills.
- Proficiency in Chinese would be extremely helpful.
- Competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience. Package includes 401K with company match, optional medical insurance, dental insurance and vision-care plan, company-paid short-term and long-term disability and life insurance benefits and flexible paid time-off.